[openstack-dev] [vitrage] Question about vitrage workings.

Paul Vaduva Paul.Vaduva at enea.com
Wed Oct 11 11:15:58 UTC 2017

Hi Vitrage team,

I have a question about vitrage workings. We use vitrage 1.3.1 with openstack newton release.
We have a NFV use case scenario where we get faults to compute nodes or openstack services (e.g. nova) that makes virtual machines running on that host to get lost / removed. We use a combination of alarms and Tacker to respawn a VM but sometimes (e. g. nova-compute service is faulted) we lose contact with the old vm and cannot delete it. When this happens somehow openstack is aware that vm is not in existence anymore (by means of "openstack server list" I mean) but Vitrage is still showing that vm as running.
My question is if there is a way to resynchronize VM state in Vitrage with the state from openstack.

Best Regards,
Paul Vaduva