[openstack-dev] [tc][election] TC candidacy (dims)

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:38:32 UTC 2017

Team,

Please consider my candidacy for Queens. I just realized how time flies, reading
my previous two self nominations [1][2]. As a TC we have made significant
strides in the last cycle[3] and my contributions have been around how we can
do better working with adjacent communities and getting people from outside
US involved and productive. We have significant challenges in both areas. Let's
start with the one about engaging new potentially part-time contributors, the
newly forming SIG around "First Contact" is something we need to pool
our efforts
into it. Encouraging activities around SIG-OpenStack in kubernetes (and the
mirror SIG-Kubernetes proposed in OpenStack) is turning the corner seeing the
level of interest at the PTG [5]. I fully intend to help in both areas so
our Foundation can stay at the cutting edge and relevant in the current and
emerging eco systems.

Thanks,
Dims

[1] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/election/plain/candidates/newton/TC/Davanum_Srinivas.txt