[openstack-dev] [all] Important information for people with in-repo Zuul v3 config

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:57:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 8:37 PM Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> The partial rollback of Zuulv3 is in place now. Zuulv2 is acting as your
> gate keeper once again. The status page for Zuulv2 can be found at
> http://status.openstack.org/zuul and Zuulv3 can be found at
> http://zuulv3.openstack.org.
>
> With the partial rollback of v3, we've left the v3 check pipeline
> configured for everyone so that new v3 jobs can be iterated on in
> preparation for rolling forward. Doing so leaves open a potential hole
> for breakage, so ...
>
> If you propose any changes to your repos that include changes to zuul
> config files (.zuul.yaml or .zuul.d) - PLEASE make sure that Zuul v3
> runs check jobs and responds before approving the patch.

While work on zuulv3 continues, what's likely to happen rather often is that
patches get a +1 from Jenkins and nothing or some unrelated error from Zuul,
caused perhaps by a restart of zuulv3.

It might be handy to configure a zuulv3-only trigger for patch recheck, to
avoid
consuming the 80% share of zuulv2 nodes to re-run a couple of jobs on zuulv3
side. To that end I proposed [0], I hope you find it useful.

Andrea Frittoli (andreaf)

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509379/