[openstack-dev] [all] Important information for people with in-repo Zuul v3 config

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Oct 3 19:37:40 UTC 2017

Hi everybody,

The partial rollback of Zuulv3 is in place now. Zuulv2 is acting as your
gate keeper once again. The status page for Zuulv2 can be found at
http://status.openstack.org/zuul and Zuulv3 can be found at
http://zuulv3.openstack.org.

With the partial rollback of v3, we've left the v3 check pipeline
configured for everyone so that new v3 jobs can be iterated on in
preparation for rolling forward. Doing so leaves open a potential hole
for breakage, so ...

If you propose any changes to your repos that include changes to zuul
config files (.zuul.yaml or .zuul.d) - PLEASE make sure that Zuul v3
runs check jobs and responds before approving the patch.

If you don't don't do that, you could have zuul v2 land a patch that
contains a syntax error that would result in invalid config for v3.
Note that this would break not only your repo - but all testing using
Zuul v3 (in which case we would have to temporarily remove your
repository from the v3 configuration or ask for immediate revert)!

Keep in mind that as we work on diagnosing the issue that caused the
rollback, we could be restarting v3, shutting it down for a bit or it
could be wedged - so v3 might not respond.

Make sure you get a response from v3 on any v3 related patches. Please.

Thanks!
Monty