[openstack-dev] [infra] Zull retry limit

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Sun Oct 1 17:19:51 UTC 2017

Hi,
Is this an example of the solution that you are proposing - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508775/. I also read that we should create a .zuul.yaml file. Not sure what the correct thing to do is.
Please advise.
Thanks
Gary

On 10/1/17, 3:10 PM, "Clark Boylan" <cboylan at sapwetik.org> wrote:

    On Sat, Sep 30, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Gary Kotton wrote:
    > Hi,
    > It seems like all patches are hitting this issue – “RETRY_LIMIT in 5m
    > 35s”. Any idea? Is this specific to vmware-nsx or all projects?
    > Did we miss doing an update for zuulv3?

    This is specific to certain jobs. You can see general live status to
    compare against global state at http://status.openstack.org/zuul. In
    this particular case the job has attempted to provide a helpful error
    message [0]. You should be able to create an openstack-tox-pep8 job
    variant for vmware-nsx that includes neutron as a required project.
    Documentation for how to go about that can be found at [1].

    This does raise the question of why vmware-nsx needs to install neutron
    to run pep8 though.

    [0]
    http://logs.openstack.org/30/508130/3/check/openstack-tox-pep8/7cb51cb/job-output.txt.gz#_2017-10-01_07_24_29_980352
    [1] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/zuulv3.html