[openstack-dev] [infra] Zull retry limit

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Sun Oct 1 12:10:15 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems like all patches are hitting this issue – “RETRY_LIMIT in 5m
> 35s”. Any idea? Is this specific to vmware-nsx or all projects?
> Did we miss doing an update for zuulv3?

This is specific to certain jobs. You can see general live status to
compare against global state at http://status.openstack.org/zuul. In
this particular case the job has attempted to provide a helpful error
message [0]. You should be able to create an openstack-tox-pep8 job
variant for vmware-nsx that includes neutron as a required project.
Documentation for how to go about that can be found at [1].

This does raise the question of why vmware-nsx needs to install neutron
to run pep8 though.

[0]
http://logs.openstack.org/30/508130/3/check/openstack-tox-pep8/7cb51cb/job-output.txt.gz#_2017-10-01_07_24_29_980352
[1] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/zuulv3.html