[openstack-dev] [nova][placement] Review push this week

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Mon Nov 27 16:18:46 UTC 2017

Nova devs (especially cores):

	In this week's scheduler meeting [1] we fondly recalled our vigorous
agreement at the PTG to merge the big stuff early in the cycle. We
lamented the extent to which Sydney + Thanksgiving drained our review
resources for much of November, and shed a tear in anticipation of the
dreaded Holiday Season having a similar effect in December. As such, we
resolved to request a deliberate and focussed effort to review and merge
outstanding patches associated with the three major Queens priorities
[2] this week. For your convenience, here is a handy list of said
patches/series:

=> Nested Resource Providers. Series starting at:
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/377138/

=> Alternate Hosts. Series starting at:
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/499239/

=> Migration fix-ups.
- Make live migration hold resources with a migration allocation:
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/507638/
- POST /allocations for multiple consumers:
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500073/

=> GET /allocation_candidates - traits, sharing, and lots of tests.
Series starting at:
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/517027/

=> Symmetric get and put and post to /allocations:
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/510626/

	Many thanks in advance.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2017/nova_scheduler.2017-11-27-14.00.log.html