[openstack-dev] Removing internet access from unit test gates

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 16:41:13 UTC 2017

[Mooney, Sean K] I may be over simplifying here but our unit tests are still executed by
Zuul in vms provided by nodepool. Could we simply take advantage of openstack and
use security groups to to block egress traffic from the vm except that required to upload the logs?
e.g. don't mess with tox or proxyies within the vms and insteand do this externally via neutron.
This would require the cloud provider to expose neutron however which may be an issue for Rackspace but
It its only for unit test which are relatively short lived vs tempest jobs perhaps the other providers would
Still have enough capacity?