[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 22

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue May 30 18:09:09 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Chris Dent's message of 2017-05-30 18:16:25 +0100:

> There's no TC meeting this week. Thierry did a second weekly status
> report[^1]. There will be a TC meeting next week (Tuesday, 6th June
> at 20:00 UTC) with the intention of discussing the proposals about
> postgreSQL (of which more below). Here are my comments on pending TC
> activity that either seems relevant or needs additional input.
>
> [^1]: <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/117531.html>
>
> # Pending Stuff
>
> ## Queens Community Goals
>
> Proposals for community-wide goals[^2] for the Queens cycle have started
> coming in. These are changes which, if approved, all projects are
> expected to satisfy. In Pike the goals are:
>
> * [all control plane APIs deployable as WSGI apps](https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/pike/deploy-api-in-wsgi.html)
> * [supporting Python 3.5](https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/pike/python35.html)
>
> The full suite of goals for Queens has not yet been decided.
> Identifying goals is a community-wide process. Your ideas are
> wanted.
>
> ### Split Tempest Plugins into Separate Repos
>
> This goal for Queens is already approved. Any project which manages
> its tempest tests as a plugin should move those tests into a
> separate repo. The goal is at[^3]. The review for it[^4] has further
> discussion on why it is a good idea.
>
> The original goal did not provide instructions on how to do it.
> There is a proposal in progress[^5] to add a link to an etherpad[^6]
> with instructions.
>
> Note that this goal only applies to tempest _plugins_. Projects
> which have their tests in the core of tempest have nothing to do. I
> wonder if it wouldn't be more fair for all projects to use plugins
> for their tempest tests?

All projects may have plugins, but all projects with tests used by
the Interop WG (formerly DefCore) for trademark certification must
place at least those tests in the tempest repo, to be managed by
the QA team [1]. As new projects are added to those trademark
programs, the tests are supposed to move to the central repo to
ensure the additional review criteria are applied properly.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20160504-defcore-test-location.html