[openstack-dev] [qa] Create subnetpool on dynamic credentials

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Thu May 25 00:07:03 UTC 2017

Hi Andrea,

Sorry I just got a chance to get back to this. Yes, an advantage is creating/deleting subnetpool once instead of creating/deleting per test. It seems neutron doesn’t support setting subnetpool_id after a subnet is created. If this is true, it means we cannot leverage the pre-created subnet from credential provider because we want to test against a subnet with a subnetpool. Eventually, we need to create a pair of subnet/subnetpool for each test and take care of the configuration of these resources. This looks complex especially for our contributors most of who don’t have a strong networking background.

Another motivation of this proposal is that we want to run all the tests against a subnet with subnetpool. We currently run tests without subnetpool but it doesn’t work well in some dev environment [1]. The issue was tracked down to the limitation of the docker networking model that makes its plugin hard to identify the correct subnet (unless it has a subnetpool because libnetwork will record its uuid). This is why I prefer to run tests against a pre-created subnet/subnetpool pair. Ideally, Tempest could provide a feasible solution to address our use cases.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/zun/+bug/1690284

Best regards,
Hongbin