[openstack-dev] [doc][ptls][all] Documentation publishing future

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue May 23 14:09:45 UTC 2017

On 23/05/17 08:35, Alexandra Settle wrote:
> So, I’ve been a docs core for the OpenStack-Ansible project for some time now and this works really well within our structure. I do not merge anything unless it has a dev +2 before I come along (unless it is a trivial doc-only spelling/grammar change). I think there is a lot of community fear that if you give a writer core status on a project, that they’re just going to run wild and pass things they don’t understand.

If it makes you feel better, I don't think this is specific to tech
writers. There's a lot of (unjustified IMHO) fear in general about
giving out core review rights to a subset of a repo when we don't have
ACLs to enforce that.

Personally, I totally agree with you and John here - we already place a
huge amount of trust in core reviewers. If we can't trust them to not
randomly +2 stuff they don't understand then we have much, much bigger
problems.

cheers,
Zane.