[openstack-dev] [doc][ptls][all] Documentation publishing future

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue May 23 13:43:57 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 05:50:50PM -0500, Anne Gentle wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com>
> wrote:
>

> > [snip]
> >

> Hey Sean, is the "right to merge" the top difficulty you envision with 1 or
> 2? Or is it finding people to do the writing and reviews? Curious about
> your thoughts and if you have some experience with specific day-to-day
> behavior here, I would love your insights.
>
> Anne

I think it's more about finding people to do the writing and reviews, though
having incentives like having more say in that area of things could be
beneficial for finding those people.

No specific experience to back this up, just the thought that someone coming
in could see a narrowly scoped repo and think "oh, that looks easy. I can help
with that." versus someone coming in to the whole project repo and getting
scared away because there's a bunch of things they don't understand and are
not sure where they can most easily jump in and contribute.

To be fair, I think all three options are good and could work.