[openstack-dev] [all] Onboarding rooms postmortem, what did you do, what worked, lessons learned

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 15:37:34 UTC 2017

Kolla:
Attendees - full room (20-30?)
Notes - Conflict with kolla-k8s demo probably didn't help

While we didn't have etherpad, slides, recording (and video dongle
that could fit my laptop), we had great session with analog tools
(whiteboard and my voice chords). We walked through architecture of
each Kolla project, how they relate to each other and so on.

Couple things to take out from our onboarding:
1. Bring dongles
2. We could've used bigger room - people were leaving because we had
no chairs left
3. Recording would be awesome
4. Low tech is not a bad tech

All and all, when we started session I didn't know what to expect or
what people will expect so we just...rolled with it, and people seemed
to be happy with it:) I think onboarding rooms were great idea (kudos
to whoever came up with it)! I'll be happy to run it again in Sydney.

Cheers,
Michal