[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Do we need a #openstack-tc IRC channel

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 16 21:51:56 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-16 23:13:05 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> Looking at recent logs from #openstack-dev, I can see it would be a bit
> painful to sort out what is actionable TC stuff from what is long
> general development discussions and random are-you-around pings.

I'm likely misunderstanding the specifics of what you expect to see
discussed in this case. It seems to me like exactly the same sort of
cross-project/inter-project communication I would expect to come up
in informal IRC discussions where the participants might want to
also get input from a handful of TC members. I would only be likely
to prioritize the channel during scheduled TC member office hours
and then treat it as potential mid-priority background where I'm
mostly monitoring for nick/keyword highlights the rest of the time.

Anything important should still surface in an ML thread afterward,
and eventually in Gerrit if the action to be taken involves a
motion/resolution or reference change.
--
Jeremy Stanley