[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Do we need a #openstack-tc IRC channel

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue May 16 19:13:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com> wrote:
> If we just use -dev, there is a high chance there will be a lot of cross-
> talk during discussions. There would also be a lot of effort to grep
> through the full day of activity to find things relevant to TC
> discussions. If we have a dedicated channel for this, it makes it very
> easy for anyone to know where to go to get a clean, easy to read capture
> of all relevant discussions. I think that will be important with the
> lack of a captured and summarized meeting to look at.

Right now the filtering aspect is swaying me to a dedicated channel.
There is really no way to extract topics out of IRC logs, and for many
discussions we do not need to be able to do that.  Here we are talking
about the background information for decisions that will be summarized
and recorded elsewhere.

I would really like to not add a new channel and do like the increased
traffic in -dev as of the last few months, but right now I think -tc
may be warranted.

dt

--

Dean Troyer