[openstack-dev] [devstack] [all] systemd in devstack by default

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Wed May 3 20:02:09 UTC 2017

Hi Sean,

I tried the new systemd devstack and frankly I don't like it. There are several handy operations in screen that seems to be impossible after switching to systemd. For example, freeze a process by "Ctrl + a + [". In addition, navigating though the logs seems difficult (perhaps I am not familiar with journalctl).

From my understanding, the plan is dropping screen entirely in devstack? I would argue that it is better to keep both screen and systemd, and let users choose one of them based on their preference.

Best regards,
Hongbin