[openstack-dev] Project Navigator Updates - Feedback Request

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 02:23:25 UTC 2017

On 3/29/17 12:55 AM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
[snip]
> What we really need is the following:
>
> * A project history, including the date of project inception that's
> included in the TC tags.
> * An API history in an easily digestible format that all projects share.
> So whether you're doing micro releases or not, just something that
> allows us to show, based on a release timeline, which API versions per
> project are applicable for each OpenStack release. This really needs to
> be consistent from project to project b/c at the moment everyone handles
> it differently.

See what you think of these.  They add an "apis" section to the glance
section of projects.yaml in the governance repo.

http://paste.openstack.org/show/604775/ has a complete history, where
for each release, the complete set of versions of the API that are
available in that release (and their statuses) are listed.

http://paste.openstack.org/show/604776/ has an abbreviated history,
where only the changes in available APIs are listed from version to
version, and if there's no change, the release isn't listed at all.

I don't know if this format would work for microversions, though.  (And
I don't know if it's a good idea in the first place.)