[openstack-dev] Project Navigator Updates - Feedback Request

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 05:16:29 UTC 2017

 The `API Version History` links in all project seems incorrect to me (For
example, `Version v1.0 (Ocata) - LATEST RELEASE` should link to
https://releases.openstack.org/ocata/index.html#ocata-heat not
https://releases.openstack.org/ ).

Some of the groupings seem a little bit strange. It's weird to see Heat and
> Horizon, which are essentially just two different user interfaces to
> OpenStack, in different groups. Also strange to see Senlin in a different
> group to Heat, since they both do autoscaling. I can't imagine why Mistral
> is listed under "Security, Identity and Compliance". There's quite a few
> more that look odd to me as well, mostly as a result of stuff that I might
> have expected to all land together in a catch-all like "Application
> Services" being split into more specific categories, like Freezer going
> under Storage.

Agree, I suggest we can use a group `Application services` or
`Orchestration Services` for all Mistral, Heat, Senlin, etc. seems we
actually have users use OpenStack with that combinations. And we can also
consider use multi-layer grouping.