[openstack-dev] [deployment][forum] proposing a session about future of configuration management - ops + devs wanted!

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 22:23:53 UTC 2017

OpenStack developers and operators who work on deployments: we need you.

http://forumtopics.openstack.org/cfp/details/15

Abstract: I would like to bring Developers and Operators in a room to
discuss about future of Configuration Management in OpenStack.

Until now, we haven't done a good job in collaborating on how we make
configuration management in a consistent way across OpenStack
Deployment Tools.
Some efforts started to emerge in Pike:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/deployment-pike
And some projects like TripleO started some discussion on future of
configuration management:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-etcd-transition

In this discussion, we will discuss about our common challenges and
take some actions from there, where projects could collaborate.

Desired people:
- Folks from Deployment Tools (TripleO, Kolla, OSA, Kubernetes, etc)
- Operators who deploy OpenStack

Moderator: me + any volunteer.

Any question on this proposal is very welcome by using this thread.

Thanks for reading so far and I'm looking forward to making progress
on this topic in Boston.
--
Emilien Macchi