[openstack-dev] [deployment][forum] proposing a session about future of configuration management - ops + devs wanted!

Stephen Hindle shindle at llnw.com
Wed Mar 22 04:32:03 UTC 2017

Unfortunately, I won't be in boston...
but I'm very interested in the topic as I have to design 'brownfield'
openstack deployments and operations runbooks.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> OpenStack developers and operators who work on deployments: we need you.
>
> http://forumtopics.openstack.org/cfp/details/15
>
> Abstract: I would like to bring Developers and Operators in a room to
> discuss about future of Configuration Management in OpenStack.
>
> Until now, we haven't done a good job in collaborating on how we make
> configuration management in a consistent way across OpenStack
> Deployment Tools.
> Some efforts started to emerge in Pike:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/deployment-pike
> And some projects like TripleO started some discussion on future of
> configuration management:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-etcd-transition
>
> In this discussion, we will discuss about our common challenges and
> take some actions from there, where projects could collaborate.
>
> Desired people:
> - Folks from Deployment Tools (TripleO, Kolla, OSA, Kubernetes, etc)
> - Operators who deploy OpenStack
>
> Moderator: me + any volunteer.
>
> Any question on this proposal is very welcome by using this thread.
>
> Thanks for reading so far and I'm looking forward to making progress
> on this topic in Boston.
> --
> Emilien Macchi

Stephen Hindle - Senior Systems Engineer
480.807.8189 480.807.8189
www.limelight.com Delivering Faster Better

Join the conversation

at Limelight Connect

--
The information in this message may be confidential.  It is intended solely
for