[openstack-dev] [dib] diskimage-builder v2 RC1 release; request for test

Mikhail Medvedev mihailmed at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 16:10:53 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Andre Florath <andre at florath.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Thanks for the bug report. Can you please file this as a bug?

Hi Andre,
Submitted the bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/diskimage-builder/+bug/1674402

> There is a very high probability that I introduced a change that
> leads to the failure [1] - even if this is fixed now there is a
> high probability that it will fail again when [2] is merged.
>
> The reason is, that there are no test cases because there is no
> nodepool CI job running on PPC. (Or do I miss something here?)

Correct, there isn't a ppc CI running on diskimage-builder patches.

> We are only a very few people at diskimage-builder with limited
> resources and had to concentrate on the 'main-line' (i.e.: that
> what can be tested by us). A discussion about what to support
> or test was already started some time ago [3].
>
> Looks that you are from IBM: would it be possible to provide
> PPC hardware for testing and the man-power to integrate
> this into the CI?
> This would really help finding such problems during development
> phase and would put me into the situation to be able to fix your
> problem.

Agreed, there is little can be done without being able to test the failure case.

Would adding a third-party CI job help? I can put together a
functional job on ppc64. I assume we want a job based on
gate-dib-dsvm-functests-*?