[openstack-dev] [ptls] Project On-Boarding Rooms

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 16 13:45:50 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-16 10:31:49 +0100 (+0100), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> I think we could share a 90-min slot between a number of the supporting
> teams:
>
> Infrastructure, QA, Release Management, Requirements, Stable maint
>
> Those teams are all under-staffed and wanting to grow new members, but
> 90 min is both too long and too short for them. I feel like regrouping
> them in a single slot and give each of those teams ~15 min to explain
> what they do, their process and tooling, and a pointer to next steps /
> mentors would be immensely useful.

I can see this working okay for the Infra team. Pretty sure I can't
come up with anything useful (to our team) we could get through in a
90-minute slot given our new contributor learning curve, so would
feel bad wasting a full session. A "this is who we are and what we
do, if you're interested in these sorts of things and want to find
out more on getting involved go here, thank you for your time" over
10 minutes with an additional 5 for questions could at least be
minimally valuable for us, on the other hand.
--
Jeremy Stanley