[openstack-dev] [ptls] Project On-Boarding Rooms

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:10:55 UTC 2017

Hello All!

I am pleased to see how much interest there is in these onboarding rooms.
As of right now I can accommodate all the official projects (sorry Cyborg)
that have requested a room to make all the requests fit, I have combined
docs and i18n and taken Thierry's suggestion to combine
Infra/QA/RelMgmt/Regs/Stable.

These are the projects that have requested a slot:

Solum
Tricircle
Karbor
Freezer
Kuryr
Mistral
Dragonflow
Coudkitty
Designate
Trove
Watcher
Magnum
Barbican
Charms
Tacker
Zun
Swift
Watcher
Kolla
Horizon
Keystone
Nova
Cinder
Telemetry
Infra/QA/RelMgmt/Regs/Stable
Docs/i18n

If there are any other projects willing to share a slot together please let
me know!

-Kendall Nelson (diablo_rojo)

On 2017-03-16 10:31:49 +0100 (+0100), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> I think we could share a 90-min slot between a number of the supporting
> teams:
>
> Infrastructure, QA, Release Management, Requirements, Stable maint
>
> Those teams are all under-staffed and wanting to grow new members, but
> 90 min is both too long and too short for them. I feel like regrouping
> them in a single slot and give each of those teams ~15 min to explain
> what they do, their process and tooling, and a pointer to next steps /
> mentors would be immensely useful.

I can see this working okay for the Infra team. Pretty sure I can't
come up with anything useful (to our team) we could get through in a
90-minute slot given our new contributor learning curve, so would
feel bad wasting a full session. A "this is who we are and what we
do, if you're interested in these sorts of things and want to find
out more on getting involved go here, thank you for your time" over
10 minutes with an additional 5 for questions could at least be
minimally valuable for us, on the other hand.
--
Jeremy Stanley