[openstack-dev] [ptls] Project On-Boarding Rooms

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Mar 16 10:55:00 UTC 2017

On 03/16/2017 05:31 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Kendall Nelson wrote:
>> We have a very limited slots available for interested projects so it
>> will be a first come first served process. Let me know if you are
>> interested and I will reserve a slot for you if there are spots left.
>
> I think we could share a 90-min slot between a number of the supporting
> teams:
>
> Infrastructure, QA, Release Management, Requirements, Stable maint
>
> Those teams are all under-staffed and wanting to grow new members, but
> 90 min is both too long and too short for them. I feel like regrouping
> them in a single slot and give each of those teams ~15 min to explain
> what they do, their process and tooling, and a pointer to next steps /
> mentors would be immensely useful.

If we are going to call these onboarding rooms, I think it's important
that the teams doing these get a full 90 minutes and actually dive deep
into something concrete that people could contribute to.

Splitting a 90 minute slot over 5 teams to have each give a lightning
talk that they exist isn't really onboarding. And doesn't really take
advantage of the format of having people there in the room.

Something like that almost seems better done by recording / producing 60
second video spots with PTLs about what each group does, and getting
those run either at the venue or part of collateral on openstack.org.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net