[openstack-dev] [oslo][requirements][all] requesting assistance to unblock SQLAlchemy 1.1 from requirements

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Mar 15 19:23:53 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Mike Bayer's message of 2017-03-15 12:39:48 -0400:

> On 03/15/2017 11:42 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> > Perhaps, but in doing so oslo.db is going to get the pin and uc from
> > stable/ocata, which is going to force it back to SQLA < 1.1, which will
> > prevent oslo.db changes that require >= 1.1 to work.
>
> so.... do we want to make that job non-voting or something like that?

Is that job a holdover from before we had good constraints pinning in
all of our stable branches? Do we still need it? We need to test a
change to oslo.db's stable branch with the other code on that stable
branch, but do we need to test oslo.db's master branch that way?

Someone with more current Oslo memory may remember why we added that job
in the first place, so let's not just remove it until we understand why
it's there.

Doug