[openstack-dev] [tripleo][heat] Heat memory usage in the TripleO gate: Ocata edition

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 20:06:20 UTC 2017

Following up on the previous thread:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-January/109748.html

Here is the latest data, which includes the Ocata release:

https://fedorapeople.org/~zaneb/tripleo-memory/20170314/heat_memused.png

As you can see, there has been one jump in memory usage. This was due to
the TripleO patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425717/

Unlike previous increases in memory usage, I was able to warn of this
one in the advance, and it was deemed an acceptable trade-off. The
reasons for the increase are unknown - the addition of more stuff to the
endpoint map seemed like a good bet, but one attempt to mitigate that[1]
had no effect and I'm increasingly unconvinced that this could account
for the magnitude of the increase.

In any event, memory usage remains around the 1GiB level, none of the
other complexity increases during Ocata have had any discernible effect,
and Heat has had no memory usage regressions.

Stay tuned for the next exciting edition, in which I try to figure out
how to do more than 3 colors on the plot.

cheers,
Zane.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427836/