[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] - Best release to upgrade from LBaaS v1 to v2

Saverio Proto saverio.proto at switch.ch
Tue Mar 7 09:08:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am upgrading from Mitaka to Newton.

our Openstack cloud has in production LBaaSv1.

I read all the following release notes:

https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron/liberty.html
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron/mitaka.html
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron/newton.html

In the liberty release notes I read:
"The LBaaS V1 API is marked as deprecated and is planned to be removed
in a future release. Going forward, the LBaaS V2 API should be used."

But which one is the release that drops LBaaS V1 ?

I see this script is merged in stable/newton:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289595/

Can I still use LBaaS V1 in newton and do the migration before upgrading
to Ocata ?

The cherry-pick to Mitaka was abandoned:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/370103/

The Ocata release notes again dont say anything about LBaaS:
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron/ocata.html

thank you

Saverio

--