[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] - Best release to upgrade from LBaaS v1 to v2

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 16:33:32 UTC 2017

Hi Saverio,

I think the confusion is coming from neutron/neutron-lbaas/octavia.

Neutron-lbaas, prior to the Ocata series was a sub-project of neutron and as
such has it's own release notes:
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron-lbaas/

As of Ocata, neutron-lbaas is part of the Octavia project
(https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/projects/octavia.html) and is
no longer a sub-project of neutron.  In fact, we are actively working to
merge the neutron-lbaas v2 API into the Octavia API to create a combined
project.

Going forward you will probably want to monitor both neutron-lbaas and the
octavia release notes:
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron-lbaas/
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/octavia/

To answer your original question, the LBaaS v1 API as removed in the newton
release of neutron-lbaas
(https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron-lbaas/newton.html).

Michael