[openstack-dev] [QA][gate][all] dsvm gate stability and scenario tests

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 07:28:06 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

we discussed a lot since the PTG about issues with gate stability; we need
a stable and reliable gate to ensure smooth progress in Pike.

One of the issues that stands out is that most of the times during test
runs our test VMs are under heavy load.
This can be the common cause behind several failures we've seen in the
gate, so we agreed during the QA meeting yesterday [0] that we're going to
try reducing the load and see whether that improves stability.

Next steps are:
- select a subset of scenario tests to be executed in the gate, based on
[1], and run them serially only
- the patch for this is [2] and we will approve this by the end of the day
- we will monitor stability for a week - if needed we may reduce
concurrency a bit on API tests as well, and identify "heavy" tests
candidate for removal / refactor
- the QA team won't approve any new test (scenario or heavy resource
consuming api) until gate stability is ensured

Thanks for your patience and collaboration!

Andrea

---
irc: andreaf

[0] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/qa/2017/qa.2017-03-02-17.00.txt