[openstack-dev] [nova][docs] Is anyone interested in being the docs liaison for Nova?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:45:05 UTC 2017

There is a need for a liaison from Nova for the docs team to help with
compute-specific docs in the install guide and various manuals.

For example, we documented placement and cells v2 in the nova devref in
Ocata but instructions on those aren't in the install guide, so the docs
team is adding that here [1].

I'm not entirely sure what the docs liaison role consists of, but I
assume it at least means attending docs meetings, helping to review docs
patches that are related to nova, helping to alert the docs team of big
changes coming in a release that will impact the install guide, etc.

 From my point of view, I've historically pushed nova developers to be
documenting new features within the nova devref since it was "closer to
home" and could be tied to landing said feature in the nova tree, so
there was more oversight on the docs actually happening *somewhere*
rather than a promise to work them in the non-nova manuals, which a lot
of the time was lip service and didn't actually happen once the feature
was in. But there is still the need for the install guide as the first
step to deploying nova so we need to balance both things.

If no one else steps up for the docs liaison role, by default it lands
on me, so I'd appreciate any help here.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/438328/

Matt Riedemann