[openstack-dev] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Jun 29 01:28:10 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:50:34PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:

> Indeed, that's a bummer. I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it
> out and assumed it had made it into the 2.13 series. Well, we're
> planning to look at logistics for a 2.14 upgrade soon once 2.13 is
> (hopefully!) in production, we just didn't want to backtrack and
> lose forward momentum on the current upgrade train. The transition
> to 2.14 will probably be a bit messy what with needing newer Java,
> which is why we can't adjust our plans easily at this stage.

In the meantime we could look at adding permissions such that the Stable
PTL (Well actually I guess eventually it'd be the same bot that does the
release tagging) can push tags and abandon changes on all projects.

Right now stable-maint-core can do that in a lot of projects but the
coverage isn't complete.

That would allow us to make forward progress and reduce the task for the
infra team to deleting the branches.  It does of course introduce a
race where I could tag a branch as EOL and then that project merge
another change.  Can you think of a way to avoid that?

Yours Tony.