[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Wed Jun 21 06:18:16 UTC 2017

hello, Flavio,

This thread is to discuss moving away from the "big tent" term, not removing some project.
Removing a project will make this flavor disappear from the ice-cream counter, but this thread,
it's to use another concept to describe projects under openstack project governance.
If we don't want to use "big tent" for those projects staying in the counter,
I hope all projects could be treated in flat, just like different flavor ice-creams are flat in the
same counter, kid can make choice by themselves.

Even Nova may be only "core"  to some cloud operators, but not always for all cloud operators,
for example, those who only run object storage service, hyper.sh also not use Nova,  some day may
some cloud operators only use Zun or K8S instead for computing, it should not be an issue
to OpenStack community.

OpenStack should be "OPEN" stack for infrastructure, just like kid can choose how many
balls of ice-cream, cloud operators can make decision to choose which project to use or
not to manage his infrastructure.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)