[openstack-dev] [neutron][horizon][fwaas][vpnaas] fwaas/vpnaas dashboard split out

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 04:46:37 UTC 2017

Hi neutron and horizon teams (especially fwaas and vpnaas folks),

As we discussed so far, I prepared separate git repositories for FWaaS
and VPNaaS dashboards.
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron-fwaas-dashboard/
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron-vpnaas-dashboard/

All new features will be implemented in the new repositories, for
example, FWaaS v2 support.
The initial core members consist of neutron-fwaas/vpnaas-core
(respectively) + horizon-core.

There are several things to do to complete the split out.
I gathered a list of work items at the etherpad and we will track the
progress here.
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/horizon-fwaas-vpnaas-splitout
If you are interested in helping the efforts, sign up on the etherpad
or contact me.

I would like to release the initial release which is compatible with
the current horizon
FWaaS/VPNaaS dashboard (with no new features).
I hope we can release it around R-8 week (Jul 3) or R-7 (Jul 10).

It also will be good examples for neutron stadium/related projects
which are interested in
adding dashboard support. AFAIK, networking-sfc, tap-as-a-service are
interested in it.

Thanks,
Akihiro