[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Jun 16 08:57:34 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 15 2017, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> One of the *most* common complaints the TC gets from outside the
> contributor community is that people do not understand what projects
> are part of OpenStack and what parts are not. We have a clear
> definition of that in our minds (the projects that have said they
> want to be part of OpenStack, and agreed to put themselves under
> TC governance, with all of the policies that implies). That definition
> is so trivial to say, that it seems like a tautology.  However,
> looking in from the outside of the community, that definition isn't
> helpful.

I still wonder why they care. Who care, really? Can we have some people
that care on this thread so they explain directly what we're trying to
solve here?

Everything is just a bunch of free software projects to me. The
governance made zero difference in my contributions or direction of the
projects I PTL'ed.

(There's so much effort put around trivial things like that. Why do I
read only 20 emails in the "Glance is dying" thread and already 55 in
that "let's rename big tent". Sigh.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker