[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 17:17:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 1:01 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:

> On 15/06/17 11:28 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> The purpose (my 2 cents) is to highlight what projects are under
>> governance and those that are not.
>
> going down the rabbit hole, what does it mean to be under governance?
> projects that want to use the openstack brand and were, at the time of
> acceptance, supported some subset[1] of: 'open',
[DIMS] Yes,
> had some testing,
[DIMS] Yes
> supported keystone,
[DIMS] No. It was never mandatory
had a human resource?
[DIMS] Yes, hopefully a bunch of people work on it
 i don't really see how this
> differs from big tent?
[DIMS] Tons of folks confused about "Big-Tent", folks are confusing
that label with "projects under governance".
seems more like the same but without the
> 'big-tent' stigma?
[DIMS] Not sure about stigma. The label is useless right now.