[openstack-dev] [storyboard][release][help] Anyone interested in adding bug-closing logic ?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 13 17:18:08 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-13 15:59:16 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> This functionality is missing for StoryBoard-driven projects. We'd
> need something similar, that detects "Closes-Story:" stanzas and
> calls a new storyboard_add_comment.py script.
[...]

Probably not quite like that. StoryBoard itself considers any story
with only merged or invalid tasks to be closed, but stories simply
have an inferred active/closed status which can't be directly
manipulated.

The Gerrit its-storyboard plugin recognizes two commit message
footers:

    Story: #12345
    Task: #6789

The behavior it has is that it will leave a story comment for the
first and will auto-adjust the status of the second. The reason for
this design is that the "story" footer acts like our current
"related-bug" footer does with LP, while the "task" footer addresses
the additional steps we get from "closes-bug" today (though since
tasks are globally unique, a future optimization may be to make
"story" optional when "task" is provided and then infer stories from
tasks). The existence of "partial-bug" is seen as an LP-specific
workaround which SB doesn't need since stories can be made up of
multiple tasks.

Since a story can have tasks whose corresponding commits merge in
different releases, what I would personally expect from the release
tooling is to look at task footers and then add a "task note"
indicating the release in which that task reached merged status. If
we want to add a "released" task state in SB (that should be a
fairly trivial addition I think), then it could switch the state on
the task to that at the same time.
--
Jeremy Stanley