[openstack-dev] [all][tc][glance] Glance needs help, it's getting critical

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Mon Jun 12 13:45:49 UTC 2017

On 12/06/17 09:13 -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
>On 06/09/2017 01:07 PM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
>> Would it be possible to get help w/ reviews from folks from teams like
>> nova/cinder/keystone? Any help is welcomed, of course, but I'm trying to
>> think
>> about teams that may be familiar with the Glance code/api already.
>
>I'm happy to help here, I just went through and poked at a few things.
>It is going to be tough to make meaningful contributions there without
>approve authority, especially given the normal trust building exercise
>for core teams takes 3+ months. It might be useful to figure out if
>there are a set of folks already in the community that the existing core
>team would be happy to provisionally promote to help worth the current
>patch backlog and get things flowing.

I think this is fine. I'd be happy to add you and a couple of other folks that
have some time to spend on thi to the core team. This until the core team is
healthier.

Brian has been sending emails with focus reviews/topics every week and I think
that would be useful especially for folks joining the team provisionally. That
sounds like a better way to invest time.

Not sure whether Brian will have time to keep doing this, perhaps Erno can take
this task on? Erno?
Flavio

--
@flaper87