[openstack-dev] Swift3 Plugin Development

Nicolas Trangez nicolas.trangez at scality.com
Fri Jun 9 13:31:37 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-06-08 at 17:06 +0530, Venkata R Edara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we  have storage product called Gluster which is file storage system,
> we
> are looking to support S3 APIs for it.

Hello Venkata,

Did you consider using the S3 Server project [1] to implement this
functionality? S3 Server supports object and bucket ACLs since its very
first release and was designed to provide a fully compatible AWS S3 API
(including e.g. object versioning) on top of existing storage systems
like Scality RING, Docker volumes and other cloud storage providers.
It's a fully open-source project, under the Apache-2 license.

See https://github.com/Scality/S3 for code and http://s3.scality.com
for some more background.

I believe it should be easy to integrate with Gluster, as it's meant to
have plugable meta-data and data back-ends.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to
discuss how to move forward with this project, we're happy to help and
collaborate!

Cheers,

Nicolas

--