[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Install Kubernetes in the overcloud using TripleO

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 16:36:53 UTC 2017

Hey y'all,

Just wanted to give an updated on the work around tripleo+kubernetes. This is
still far in the future but as we move tripleo to containers using docker-cmd,
we're also working on the final goal, which is to have it run these containers
on kubernetes.

One of the first steps is to have TripleO install Kubernetes in the overcloud
nodes and I've moved forward with this work:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471759/

The patch depends on the `ceph-ansible` work and it uses the mistral-ansible
action to deploy kubernetes by leveraging kargo. As it is, the patch doesn't
quite work as it requires some files to be in some places (ssh keys) and a
couple of other things. None of these "things" are blockers as in they can be
solved by just sending some patches here and there.

I thought I'd send this out as an update and to request some early feedback on
the direction of this patch. The patch, of course, works in my local environment
;)

Flavio

--
@flaper87