[openstack-dev] [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Jun 2 09:25:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
>> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
>> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
>> were positive.
>>
>> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
>> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
>> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
>> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
>> could look:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true
>
> OK, it looks like the feedback on this strawman proposal was generally
> positive, so we'll move on with this.
>
> For teams that are placed on the Wednesday-Friday segment, please let us
> know whether you'd like to make use of the room on Friday (pick between
> 2 days or 3 days). Note that it's not a problem if you do (we have space
> booked all through Friday) and this can avoid people leaving too early
> on Thursday afternoon. We just need to know how many rooms we might be
> able to free up early.

For TripleO, Friday would be good (at least the morning) but I also
think 2 days would be enough in case we don't have enough space.

- So let's book Wednesday / Thursday / Friday.
- We probably won't have anything on Friday afternoon, since I expect
people traveling usually at this time.
- If not enough room, no worries, we can have Wednesday / Thursday
only, we'll survive for sure.

Thanks,

> In the same vein, if your team (or workgroup, or inter-project goal) is
> not yet listed and you'd like to have a room in Denver, let us know ASAP.
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Emilien Macchi