[openstack-dev] [nova][searchlight] status of an instance on the REST API and in the instance notifications

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 01:22:54 UTC 2017

On 7/19/2017 10:54 AM, Balazs Gibizer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM, McLellan, Steven
> <steve.mclellan at hpe.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Balazs for noticing and replying to my message!
>>
>> The Status field is quite important to us since it's the indicator of
>> VM state that Horizon displays most prominently and the most simple
>> description of whether a VM is currently usable or not without having
>> to parse the various _state fields. If we can't get this change added
>> in Pike I'll probably implement a simplified version of the mapping in
>> [2], but it would be really good to get it into the notifications in
>> Pike if possible. I understand though that this late in the cycle it
>> may not be possible.
>
> I can create a patch to add the status to the instance notifications but
> I don't know if nova cores accept it for this late in Pike.
> @Cores: Do you?
>
> Cheers,
> gibi

It's probably too late to be dealing with this right now in Pike. I'd
like to defer this to Queens where we can refactor the REST API common
view code into a better place where it could be re-used with the
notifications code if this is something we're going to add to the
versioned notifications, and it's probably easy enough to do that.

Matt