[openstack-dev] [QA] [Cinder] [Aodh] [Zaqar] [neutron-lbaas] [neutron-fwaas] [networking-bgpvpn] [ceilometer] [monasca-api] Removal of Old Deprecated data_utils from Temepst

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 07:07:47 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Tempest migrated data_utils to stale interface long back but kept the
same in old location also not to break the tempest plugins.

Kenichi has done very nice job to fixing all the tempest plugin to
switch to stable interface:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/branch:master+topic:tempest-data_utils
and mentioned in ML to backport the same fix on project's stable
branch if tempest plugin are still in project repo [1].

After around 5 months of time, we merged the patch to remove the old
deprecated data_utils [2] and many project gate broke due to grenade
jobs are using stable branch where tempest plugin fix is not
backported by projects.
As of now to unblock the gate we approved the revert of tempest patch
[3] but that is temporary fix to give projects more time to fix their
tempest plugin on stable branch.

We will extend another month time to remove the deprecated data_utils
from Tempest. These issue would not occur if all plugins can be
separated as independent branchless repo as queens TC goal.

Below projects need attentions. I have proposed cherry pick for many
of the branches listed below, please merge those or fix if patch is
not up (as it need manual backport).
--------------------------------
neutron-lbaas -
    Patch Up - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/Ie4fd8a4f142430a1bd57c6dc29e143485f449eb9,n,z