[openstack-dev] [qa][neutron-fwaas][networking-bgpvpn][nova-lxd] Removing old data_utils from Tempest

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:50:54 UTC 2017

> thank you for heads up.
>
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Many projects are using data_utils library which is provided by
>> Tempest for creating test resources with random resource names.
>> Now the library is provided as stable interface (tempest.lib) and old
>> unstable interface (tempest.common) will be removed after most
>> projects are switching to the new one.
>> We can see remaining projects from
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:master+topic:tempest-data_utils
>
> are you going to backport?

Backport is not necessary on Tempest side, because Tempest is
branchless and we are using the same Tempest for stable branches.
If using the package of Tempest on tempest-plugin gate, the old
data_utils still exists with putting the Tempest version limitation
after the removal.
If using the latest Tempest on tempest-plugin gate, we need to
backport the corresponding patches to tempest-plugin after the
removal.
The above ways are different on projects.

Thanks