[openstack-dev] [tc] Status update, July 21th

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jul 21 02:41:00 UTC 2017

Hi!

This is the weekly update on Technical Committee initiatives. You can
find the full list of all open topics at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee

== Recently-approved changes ==

* Technical Committee 2019 vision [1][2][3][4]
* Refreshed extra-ATC list for I18n team [5]
* New tags: stable:follows-policy for Congress
* Pike goals update: tricircle
* Queens goals update: keystone
* New repositories: os_tacker

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453262/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/473620/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/482152/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/482686/
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/483452/

The significant item of the week is of course the publication of the
2019 TC vision, which we had been working on since March. The idea here
is to describe a desirable point in the future, to help inform our
collective decisions. Of course future Technical Committee memberships
may differ on what this desirable future looks like, and could come up
with new visions to replace this one. You can find the TC 2019 vision at:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20170404-vision-2019.html

== Open discussions ==

Flavio Percoco posted a new resolution about allowing teams to host
meetings in their own IRC channels:

https://review.openstack.org/485117

Project team additions are currently frozen until the opening of the
Queens cycle. A number of teams are in the backlog, please comment on
their respective reviews and threads if you have concerns about how well
they fit the OpenStack mission or the community principles:

Blazar: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/482860/
Glare: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/479285/
Gluon: https://review.openstack.org/463069
Stackube: https://review.openstack.org/462460

Finally, discussion is still in progress on two clarifications from John
Garbutt, where we continue to iterate on patchsets:

Decisions should be globally inclusive:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460946/

Describe what upstream support means:
https://review.openstack.org/440601

== Voting in progress ==

The long-standing "Declare plainly the current state of PostgreSQL in
OpenStack" resolution now has majority support, and will be approved
Monday unless new objections are raised:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427880/

== TC member actions for the coming week(s) ==

None that I can think of.

== Need for a TC meeting next Tuesday ==

No initiative is currently stuck, so there is no need for a TC meeting
next week.

Cheers!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)