[openstack-dev] [kolla][TripleO] New areas for collaboration between Kolla and TripleO

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 15:18:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 7:27 AM, Andy McCrae <andy.mccrae at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Hopefully that is useful, happy to discuss this more (or any other
> collaboration points!) if that does sound interesting.
> Andy
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-plugins/blob/master/action/_v2_config_template.py
> [2]
> https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/openstack-ansible/draft/app-advanced-config-override.html

Yes, this is very useful and this is what I also wanted to investigate
more back in June:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-June/118417.html
.

Like Flavio said, it sounds like we might just re-use what you guys
did, since it looks flexible.
What Doug wrote [1] stays very useful, since we don't want to re-use
your templates, we would rather generate the list of options available
in OpenStack projects by using oslo-.config directly. We could provide
an YAML with key/values of things we want to generate in an inifile.
Now we could ask ourselves, in that case, why not directly making
oslo.config reading YAML instead of ini? Do we really need a
translator?

User input → YAML →OSA config template plugin →INI →read by oslo.config

we could have:

User input → YAML → read by oslo.config

I've discussed with some operators about this options but I want to
re-iterate on it here. Any thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/dhellmann/oslo-config-ansible
--
Emilien Macchi