[openstack-dev] [sahara][keystone][oslo.config] Access to keystone_authtoken config options (required for Sahara trust)

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 13:02:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was trying to deploy Sahara/Pike using TripleO and the cluster creation does not work, while it works on Sahara gates.
Cluster operation uses trust (see http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/sahara-specs/specs/liberty/cluster-creation-with-trust.html)

The difference between the two deployments is that [keystone_authtoken] config section does not contain anymore (after https://review.openstack.org/#/c/441223/) the old options admin_{name,password,tenant_name} in the TripleO deployment, but username, password and project_name. Sahara's gates work because we set the old options in devstack.

I naively tried (see https://review.openstack.org/#/c/485521/ ) to simply replace the old config key with the new ones, but this fails with:
 oslo_config.cfg.NoSuchOptError: no such option project_name in group [keystone_authtoken]

I found this thread on this list, few months ago, and apparently those options can't be accessed directly:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-January/110060.html

but we were accessing their old version - or maybe it was just a combination of luck.
So the question for Keystone people is: how to access those values? Through keystonemiddleware? Is there some existing code that can be used as reference?

Ciao
--
Luigi