[openstack-dev] [QA][tempest] New Tempest stable interfaces coming soon
andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:22:15 UTC 2017
We have been working on making more Tempest module stable, especially for
Once this work is complete, plugins will benefit from backward
compatibility on an extended set
of Tempest API.
This benefit comes at a small cost though, since we have to make a few
changes to the modules
before they can be declared as stable. In some cases the impact will be
zero, in other cases it
should be limited to changing an import line or adding an __init__
parameter, but I wanted to give
ample warning to everyone that the changes are coming, so that people can
Some more details about this work and the specific patches on Tempest side
is available at .
Below is a list of the modules affected and main changes that will be
coming in the near future.
The list of modules affected
The following module will be marked as stable, and moved under tempest.lib:
- tempest/services/object_storage: there may be changes to the interface
- tempest/common/dynamic_creds: extra __init__ parameters will be required
- tempest/common/preprov_creds: extra __init__ parameters will be required
The following modules will be marked stable for plugins:
- tempest/test.py: No change planned
- tempest/clients.py: Client aliases will only be defined when the
corresponding service is marked
as enabled in config
- tempest/common/credentials_factory: signature changes to a couple of
Andrea Frittoli (andreaf)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev