[openstack-dev] [infra][python3][congress] locally successful devstack setup fails in check-job

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Jul 19 20:11:31 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017, at 12:47 PM, Eric K wrote:
> Hi all, looking for some hints/tips. Thanks so much in advance.
>
> My local python3 devstack setup [2] succeeds, but in check-job a
> similarly
> configured devstack setup [1] fails for not installing congress client.
>
> ./stack.sh:1439:check_libs_from_git
> /opt/stack/new/devstack/inc/python:401:die
> [ERROR] /opt/stack/new/devstack/inc/python:401 The following
> LIBS_FROM_GIT
> were not installed correct: python-congressclient
>

> It seems that the devstack setup in check-job never attempted to install
> congress client. Comparing the log [4] in my local run to the log in
> check-job [3], all these steps in my local log are absent from the
> check-job log:
> ++/opt/stack/congress/devstack/settings:source:9
> CONGRESSCLIENT_DIR=/opt/stack/python-congressclient
>
> ++/opt/stack/congress/devstack/settings:source:52
> CONGRESSCLIENT_REPO=git://git.openstack.org/openstack/python-congressclient
> .git
>
> Cloning into '/opt/stack/python-congressclient'Š

You won't see this logged by devstack because devstack-gate does all of
the git repo setup beforehand to ensure that the correct git refs are
checked out.

> Check python version for : /opt/stack/python-congressclient
> Automatically using 3.5 version to install
> /opt/stack/python-congressclient based on classifiers
>

> Installing collected packages: python-congressclient
>   Running setup.py develop for python-congressclient
> Successfully installed python-congressclient
>

> [1] Check-job config:
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/
> congress.yaml#L65
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/
> congress.yaml#L111
>
> [2] Local devstack local.conf:
> https://pastebin.com/qzuYTyAE
>
> [3] Check-job devstack log:
> http://logs.openstack.org/49/484049/1/check/gate-congress-dsvm-py35-api-mys
> ql-ubuntu-xenial-nv/7ae2814/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz
>
> [4] Local devstack log:
> https://ufile.io/c9jhm

My best guess of what is happening here is that python-congressclient is
being installed to python2 from source so then when devstack checks if
python-congressclient is installed properly against python3 it fails.
You'll want to make sure that whatever is installing
python-congressclient is doing so against the appropriate python.

Clark