[openstack-dev] [ironic] Soft feature freeze proposal

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Wed Jul 19 13:23:42 UTC 2017

Hi team!

As discussed on the IRC meeting, I would like to propose a soft feature freeze
for ironic, starting with Aug 1st. I hope this proposal will help us better
concentrate on the priorities and finally be able to finish most of the things
we've committed to.

Between this day and the final release, we will only merge features and
enhancements that are either:

1. Team priorities, listed on
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/priorities/pike-priorities.html
and https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard. These will be *reviewed*
during the coming IRC meetings to prune of things that are clearly not making it.

2. Or relatively small vendor features. They have to:
  2.1. be mostly contained in the driver code (no new API or driver interfaces),
  2.2. have an RFE and/or spec approved by the freeze date,
  2.3. be fully submitted for review by the freeze date.

Of course, any bug fixes, CI improvements and documentation patches can merge at
any point; they are not affected by the freeze.

Please let me know, what do you think. If no objections are raised, we can
accept the proposal formally on one of the coming meetings.

Dmitry.