[openstack-dev] [Glare][TC] Application for inclusion of Glare in the list of official projects

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jul 18 06:58:39 UTC 2017

Erno Kuvaja wrote:
> [...]
> So this raises a question: If it is integral part of Glare becoming
> part of big tent, does it mean that we as OpenStack Community
> fundamentally agree on that goal? because in that case I would be way
> less supportive. [...]
Approving Glare as an official OpenStack project wouldn't bless it as
Glance NG, it would just be recognizing that Glare is being developed by
members of the OpenStack community, following our open development
principles, and that the scope of the project is helping with the
OpenStack mission.

I think we are mostly comfortable with the first part (the principles
match). We are slightly less comfortable with the second part (the scope
match). If we determined that Glare is actively hurting OpenStack
mission (by adding confusion or gratuitously duplicating effort or
introducing interoperability issues) we would likely have to reject it.

Mike's answers are reassuring, so I'm looking forward to continuing this
discussion on this list and at the Denver PTG, and finally make the call
at the start of the Queens cycle.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)